Saturday, March 17, 2007

Introductions

I often tell people why I made a paladin and what better way to start this publication than to begin with that story. I played in both stress tests for World of Warcraft and also in the open beta so I have some insight to the history of this class. During that time I decided that I wanted to create a character that was tough, durable, and could solo a lot of content (I didn't know anyone who played the game and didn't want to rely on others to have my fun--despite this turning out to be inevitable).

With that I began looking at the different classes at my selection and decided that a healing class seemed logical if I wanted to be able to solo effectively. That narrowed it to priest, shaman, paladin, and druid. Shaman I immediately marked off since I wanted to play alliance (I enjoyed their story from Warcraft III and specifically the humans). Next off the list was the priest, being the "master healer" class I figured that was all they'd be good for (not knowing much about their shadow tree at all--in fact paladins didn't even have talent trees until very late beta or live I can't recall) and I wanted more versatility. So now it came down to druid or paladin, I thought about it for a few days prior to the release and came to the conclusion that druids seemed like they could do pretty much anything and survive it however I just liked the image of a knight in plate armor too much to ignore and the ability to use many kinds of weapons appealed to me.

So with that I made my decision and have stuck with it all the way--for better or worse I've tanked it.

No comments: